Ely Old Works
Client: May Gurney, on behalf of Anglian Water
Old Ely Sewage Treatment Works
Odour Abatement System
Odour abatement of hydrogen sulphide extracted from various positions around the existing Ely Old Sewage Treatment Works. The systems utilise differing technologies to achieve a level of 99.5% removal of hydrogen sulphide to give a maximum discharge of 1,000 OU/m³.
• Inlet Works air extraction 300mᶟ/h
• Main Sludge Tank air extraction 400mᶟ/h
• Emergency Sludge Tank air extraction 490mᶟ/h
• 5 No. Passive Carbon Filters.
The system extracts foul air from various positions within the existing works to avoid airborne pollution at a newly-built Superstore that is in the vicinity of the site.
Turnkey Design, Supply & Installation of:
• Inlet Works – OSIL Biofilter containing LavaRok® media in tandem with a CuCarb® polishing filter, including fans and interconnecting ductwork.
• Main Sludge Tank – OSIL Biofilter containing LavaRok® media in tandem with a CuCarb® polishing filter, including fans and interconnecting ductwork.
• Emergency Sludge Tank – Two tandem OSIL CuCarb® odour control vessels along with fans and interconnecting ductwork for Part-Time duty.
• Passive Carbon Filters at 5 positions around the site.
Project Duration: 14 weeks
"An aged works required a guarantee of no odour for a high profile neighbouring development. OSIL provided the solution using its LavaRok® and CuCarb® technologies. Result!"Chris Penn, May Gurney.
+44 (0) 1543 506855